The world of cybersecurity is constantly evolving, and to stay up to speed it’s essential to know which news sources are reputable. Especially when your job depends on getting your facts right, knowing what the current threats are and where the next breach might come from.
With the plethora of cybersecurity new sources so readily to hand, which ones should you trust? And which ones deliver on time, every time?
These are Acumin’s recommended news sources for cybersecurity.
1. SC Magazine. SC Media UK is the leading information resource for cybersecurity professionals in the UK and Europe. They deal with IT security strategies, data protection best practices, government regulations and current IT security technologies. A top resource for cybersecurity professionals, it provides relevant security news as well as carrying out independent testing of latest software before writing editorial copy to help you make cybersecurity decisions for your business.
2. The Hacker News. This site is a big one, with over 8 million readers every month, it is considered an authority on all things cybersecurity related, including offering up advice and guidance for how to handle hacking, the latest technology and dealing with security, seriously. The Hacker News features latest cyber security news and in-depth coverage of current as well as future trends in Infosec, and how they are shaping the cyber world.
3. The Register. This incredibly popular tech blog reaches more than 9 million unique monthly browsers and is considered a leading global online tech publication. They routinely cover hardware, software, AI, tech services and more; definitely not one to be missed.
4. The Security Ledger. A bonafide independent news provider that publishes content about cybersecurity focusing on the long term impact of each cyber threat and attack. They also look at the reactions to attacks and report on government policy to support cybersecurity professionals. Definitely one to keep an occasional eye on.
5. Security Affairs. An award-winning blog written by ethical hacker, Pierluigi Paganini. It’s primarily an IT security news blog but also features interviews with hackers. So, if you want to know what you’re up against, this guy will introduce you.
For those cybersecurity professionals who need to get a daily dose of cybersecurity news, these outlets provide the most up to date information and news stories, as they are breaking.
1. BBC News Cybersecurity. Where would we be without the good old BBC? This section of their website deals with cybersecurity issues, publishing stories from across the globe as well as the UK, covering cybercrime and cybersecurity news.
2. Forbes Tech / Security. Whilst not technically a news source, this site only publishes the cream of the crop, so the commentators on here are not your ten a penny average cybersecurity writers. This site provides daily cybersecurity blogs from staff writers and professional cybersecurity contributors.
3. Independent’s Cyber Security. The Independent newspaper’s dedicated online cybersecurity section covers all manner of topics related to cybersecurity from hacking to data breaches to viruses and everything in between.
4. Reuters Cybersecurity Headlines. This site features cybersecurity headlines from around the world, including the latest data breaches globally.
5. The New York Times Computer Security News. This section of their site provides breaking cybersecurity stories, news about cybersecurity, including commentary and archival articles published in The New York Times.
Send us your CV and have our recruiters match you to the ideal opporunities
Do you already have an account with us?Log in
Want to have an account with us?Register
Want to just send us your CV?
By submitting your registration and CV to us you are agreeing to join our database and to be contacted about relevant jobs industry communications. Please read our terms of business for more information.