RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement Agencies.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for an Information Assurance and Risk Manager to work in the Digital Policing Directorate of our Public Sector Client.
This is a temporary contract position, likely to be extended, based in the Wakefield area. The pay rate is either £20.69 per hour PAYE or £25.97 per hour Umbrella.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient management and development of customer focussed Information Assurance and Information Security (Data Protection Principle 7 and 8 or equivalent) functions in order to reduce/eliminate risk. Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and strategies which, in line with legislation and national standards, also develop service provision and standards to support corporate and departmental business plans.
- Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions; reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
- Proactively manage the performance, attendance and wellbeing of police officers and police staff against the required standards to ensure they are dealt with and supported in accordance with the correct policies and procedures.
- Support the Head of Information Management in the development and delivery of Information Assurance and Security Strategy for the force, assisting in scanning to identify emerging threats to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability to force information in line with legislation, national standards and best practice, and the preparation of reports, deputising where necessary.
- As subject matter expert, produce and promote Information Assurance and Security policies, procedures and guidance, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources and facilities, in line the security and cross border transfer principles of Data Protection legislation, HMGovt Security Policy Framework (SPF), HMGovt Information Standards the ACPO Community Security Policy, and APP Information Assurance and GSC. Represent the force as necessary at local and regional level. Form a centre of excellence offering expert advice and guidance in relation to the information assurance and security aspects of Data Protection Impact Assessments, Privacy by design, Security Incidents, physical security, collaboration, procurements, Information sharing (DPC, ISA, Systems access), Information Asset register, owners and assistants.
- Manage a customer focussed Information Assurance and Security Service with documented standard operating procedures, within an effective performance management framework, ensuring the effective identification, recording, monitoring and treatment of Information risk throughout the force.
- Manage the submission and collation of Information Asset Owner quarterly returns, including reality testing, and the subsequent specialist advice, guidance and support including where information risk is identified
- Responsible for the management, review and maintenance the Force Information Risk Register, including new and emerging risks. Manage and coordinate associated activities including assessments, risk treatment plans, and risk balance cases, ensuring proportionate and timely escalation and reporting via IASG and IAB.
- Responsible for the management of the Information Asset Register, ensuring documentation to meet the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
- Ensure the provision of timely and accurate information for submissions/returns to national bodies as necessary, including Risk Management Accredited Document Sets (RMADS), security incident submissions to Home office, information for Government and Information Risk Return, Code of Connection and PSN accreditation, and for the Head of Information Management in the preparation of correspondence for the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Work closely with stakeholders; Digital Policing in relation to technical information security, Data Protection and Disclosure Manager and Records and MOPI manager to provide information assurance and security support to assist in fulfilling their role and offering resilience where necessary, and Evolve Project Manager, looking for
- patterns to identify training, guidance or audit needs, and providing information/data to support continuous improvement, improve productivity and value for money, and training and awareness.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant Information Assurance/Security subject, specialist qualification in this area or proven recent relevant experience in an organisation of similar size and nature.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Information Security Standards, such as Data Protection Act 1998 Principle 7, HMG Security standards and supporting good practice guidelines
- A relevant management qualification, or relevant recent experience in managing, leading and motivating staff
- Proven knowledge/experience of risk management methodology application
- Experience of writing detailed reports
- Experience of the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Has knowledge and experience of successfully managing projects
This role is subject to vetting checks
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call 02031193325.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.